This queuing system consists of 20 coaster pagers with the base transmitter.
The system includes 999-channel call buttons keypad and portable buzzer/ vibration receivers. Each receiver is rechargeable and labeled with a number. In standby status, it is plugged into the charging slot, while the client places an order, he(she) will be dispatched one receiver with a number when the order is ready, press the keypad to call the number, the client will get it through the buzzer/vibration/LED indications.
- The queue system improves the working efficiency of the restaurant while improving the image of the restaurant; and avoids the client waiting in the long queue
- Two way to charge for each pager: use charger base or charge directly; High receive sensitivity; When you receive it, simply record it and use it within 2 minutes; Independent storage memory avoiding data lost; Self-testing while power on
- Each paging system is expandable up to 999 pages; You can add up to 999 pages at most; Do not worry about business increasing; Transmitting distance is about 800m or 3280ft in the open area
- Customers can carry Portable rechargeable vibration buzzer pager everywhere, just after the food is ready, then press the corresponding number, then they will come back to pick up the meal
- Applicable areas: bank, factory, shopping mall, restaurant, cafe, food court, clinic, auto shop or other queue occasions
- Brand Name: HICOM
- Model Number: HI-85
- working voltage: DC3.7V (Rechargeable Battery)
- Charging Voltage: DC5V
- Working Frequency: 433.92MHz
- Working Current: 75±10mA (Vibration)
- Receive Sensitivity: -107±2dBm
- Battery Capacity: 360mAh
- Decoder: Learning Code (AM)
- Dimensions: 49*101*11mm
The coaster pager system usually used in the restaurant, hotel, clinic, or anywhere customers need to wait for their service in the Queue.
How does it work in a restaurant?
- The customer comes to the restaurant and makes his or her order.
- The waiter gives each customer a pager with a number.
- When the order is ready, the waiter/receptionist at the front counter will press the transmitter to alert the pager that customer holds.
- The customer gets the wireless signal by pager vibrating or LED flashing or DIDI with his or her number and go to the front to take the order.